Rush University Medical Center is currently recruiting for a part-time (0.5 FTE)Advanced Heart Failure Advanced Practice Provider to join the Cardiac Service Line.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a licensed physician assistant (PA) or advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) who functions as a member of the health care team to provide high quality, comprehensive acute and/or routine medical/surgical care of Rush University Medical Center patients within the scope of practice granted in accordance with the RUMC medical staff bylaws. The APP will promote collaboration between multiple disciplines to ensure cost effective and quality patient care. The individual who holds this position will exemplify the Rush mission, vision and values and act in accordance with the policies, procedures, guidelines of Rush, including the Rush University Medical Group Customer Service standards. Successful candidates will also meet all other state and federal regulatory practice and accreditation standards.
*APRN candidates must be acute care certified
APRN Applicant Requirements:
Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse (RN) and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure required.
Current Nurse Practitioner Certification from a national certifying organization approved Master's or Doctorate degree in nursing required.
The APRN's education and specialty board certification must correlate with the APP's job role, setting, responsibility and patient population.
BLS certification required.
APRN candidates must hold acute care certification
PA Applicant Requirements:
Current State of Illinois Physician Assistant Licensure required.
Current Certification from National Certification Commission for Physician Assistants (NCCPA) required.
Degree from an ARC-PA (or predecessor) accredited PA Program required; Master's degree preferred.
BLS certification required.
Demonstrates competency in all areas of APRN or PA practice including medical knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills, patient care, professionalism, practice-based learning and improvement, and systems-based practice.
Skill in preparing and maintaining electronic and paper medical records
Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
Strong work ethic, interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with collaborating physician, department, and other members of the healthcare team in an effective and comprehensive manner.
* Rush University System for Health (RUSH) is an academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the individuals and the diverse communities it serves through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, research and community partnerships.
* RUSH comprises Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital, as well as numerous outpatient care facilities.
* Rush University, with more than 2,500 students, is a health sciences university that comprises Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College.
* Numerous national organizations have recognized Rush for the quality of care we provide, including U.S. News & World Report, which ranked Rush University Medical Center among the top 50 hospitals in five specialties in its 2019-2020 Best Hospitals issue.
* Rush University Medical Center has received Vizient's Quality Leadership Award, ranking first among 99 academic medical centers across the country.
* In 2019, Rush was designated a leader in LGBTQ health care equality by the Human Rights Campaign for the 10th consecutive year, and was one of only five hospitals from across the nation to be recognized by the American Hospital Association as an honoree for its annual Equity of Care Award.
Rush is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
Internal Number: 245814
About Rush University Medical Center
Rush University System for Health (RUSH) is an academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the individuals and the diverse communities it serves through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, research and community partnerships. RUSH comprises Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital, as well as numerous outpatient care facilities. Rush University, with more than 2,500 students, is a health sciences university that comprises Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College. Rush University Medical Center is an elite medical community recognized for excellence in patient care, medical discovery and clinical expertise. Our continued pursuits have earned Rush University Medical Center the distinction of being on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals Honor Roll for 2020-2021. This places the Medical Center amongst the top 20 of the 3,000 hospitals evaluated. U.S. News & World Report has also recognized 11 Rush programs amongst the nation’s best, including top five national rankings for orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery. These... accolades, along with many others that include a decade of Magnet® designation, are a reflection of the collective efforts and commitment to excellence demonstrated by our physicians, advanced practitioners, nurses and medical staff. Rush University Medical Center has received Vizient's Quality Leadership Award, ranking first among 99 academic medical centers across the country. For the second consecutive year, all three Rush University System for Health hospitals have earned the LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader designation in the Healthcare Equality Index.